About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 9 November 2015

Baby Steps XII

Neil was amazing from from the beginning.  He was almost too relaxed and part way through my coffee I wanted to shake him into seriousness.  The last few weeks has me sick to my stomach wondering about my son's football future so when he's giving me his best stand up routine it takes everything in me to laugh politely.  He really was funny and entertaining and during any other time I would have been lost in his act but right now I want to know the odds and likeliness of him playing for a division 1 team.  Perhaps what's worse will be having the knowledge that he can play at the next level and all of the paranoid thoughts I had that coaches were fucking him over will be validated.  I wonder how many others go through this and never find out, always taking the word of the coach and never challenging authority.  I take comfort knowing that if he makes the team then he has a scout that is in his corner and has been in the game for a long time and can play all of the political bullshit required.  My only request when it was all said and done...I want him to play because he has outplayed and out worked his competition, and not because his scout played for the same coach.  I just need the scout to open the door...I'm confident ten years of hard work and determination will secure his spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment