About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 14 November 2015

Baby Steps XV

Two more days to go and I would be back at home for a few weeks before heading back to New York with the magazine to work on our winter issue.  Writing became my favorite form of therapy although I was not ready to get rid of Laura just yet.  I found something in myself that I packaged up and hid away for a very long time.  Writing is this beautiful outlet that lets me open up and free my fear, it has opened my mind and stolen my anger and anxiety.  I used to be afraid to write because then people would see through the window of my words and then the more I would write the less I cared and the more I wanted to write.  I shouldn't need anyone or anything to validate me, but being a part of the magazine and creating with these people makes me feel strong and confident...not because of what they think...but because I am comfortable with myself.


I sat on the couch with a dog on each side knowing I could easily find a date for the night but not really interested in moving.  The group date texted me a few times, they wanted me to come to an 'event' and I couldn't even imagine what that would look like.  I put my feet up and turned on the TV...Murk laid his head on my lap and Roxy put her paw over my hand...looks like I'm staying in.

No comments:

Post a Comment