About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 19 November 2015

Baby Steps XVIIII

Board games...it was a gathering of friends to play board games.  The envelopes decided teams, I felt relieved and embarrassed all at the same time.  I opened the closet and hung up my jacket, I was really excited to be a part of this.  Everyone was wondering around and talking and having fun and a few drinks, and it was completely relaxed and I slid in effortlessly...I really like my new friends.  I missed Dan but knew if he was here that we would slowly gravitate to each other and the rest of the people would fade away, we have always been guilty of that and wondered if anyone else had ever noticed.  I don't think Dan and I would ever be the 'swingers' couple but I do know that I really enjoy the culture and people I have met in the lifestyle thus far.  I'm developing an appreciating for every walk of life and my goal is to just concentrate on my own life and be happy in it and not find ways to stress about how others live...I won't try to fit into an idea I don't share but I can still respect the idea.  I am seriously amazed at how many people live the way I want, Dan and I are hardly breaking new ground...it's amazing what you find when you open up and just let the world in...without expectations.  

I grabbed my beer and found my team for a game of bilingual Pictionary.  I took French everyday from kindergarten to grade nine and the only thing I can recall is how to ask to go to the washroom...and I don't feel like it will all come flooding back to me the more I drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment