About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Baby Steps XVIII

I took the dogs out one last time, checked my gloss, pulled on my boots and grabbed a scarf on my way out the door.  I decided to take a cab this evening so I could drink.  Initially I felt highly uncomfortable with these people and I realized it was me...not them.  I was uncomfortable with my own ideas of what they do and not even sure if I was even close to correct...not that it would matter.  They don't sit around discussing sex and preferences, they just hang out and have fun and their sex lives are never a topic...no more than mine is among my friends friends.  The idea made me uncomfortable...so I threw it out.  If I am not going to ask questions then there is no reason to dream up scenarios that may or may not be true, it only creates problems and stops me from enjoying who they are.  These people are great, they are funny, intelligent, open minded, well travelled and just nice.

I finally got to the house in Gatineau and it was stunning.  I was met with a beer and a small sealed envelope.  OMG what if this is the new age 'fish bowl'?  I walked into the living room to say hello to my new friends and meet some of their friends.  I was the last to arrive so we could finally open our envelopes...I was sweating and nauseous.  The beautiful blonde came and sat beside me on the couch, "I hope you're on my team".  And my only thought was...I don't think I shaved my legs...

No comments:

Post a Comment