About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 16 November 2015

Baby Steps XVI

I woke up on the couch, still surrounded by dogs.  It was close enough to 5am so I fed them and leashed them up to head out for a few minutes.  I'm still amazed at how vacant the city looks at this time of day, I cut Murk loose and let him wonder while Roxy looked up at me begging to get back to bed.  Dogs are funny, they just love and play, like children...it's natural and intoxicating.

I crawled into bed with my clothes still on and waited for the dogs to crawl in and secure me under the covers while they slowly stole my pillows and space.  I checked my phone...five messages from John.  Ugh, wtf is up with this guy?  Every now and then I think he has kicked rocks and then circles back around to test my boundaries and patience.  "Hey Irish I'm passing through your city tomorrow and heading to Ottawa, want to meet for lunch?"  I bolted out of bed, poor Roxy was startled but didn't take much for her to move right into my spot.  I don't want to talk to him but at the same time I really want to know his schedule.  Will he be here at the same time?  Will we meet while passing through airports?  Is Mike coming too?  Ugh, I almost forgot about that phase of my life...I hate ripping off band aids...

No comments:

Post a Comment