About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 4 November 2015

Baby Steps VIIII

* I apologize for being so late.  I completed the NYC marathon...my very first one.


I stood by the sink wanting to cry and trying not to laugh.  I wish Dan was here with me, he wouldn't know what to do anymore than I do but with him at least I could share in the hilarity of this mess.  The blonde walked in a few minutes behind me and started checking her make up, I just stood in silence hoping I was somehow invisible.  She is really nice and kind, not abrasive or aggressive in the least, I can see why my date is in a relationship with her.  She looked over and smiled at me, "how about we just go out as a group of friends?"  Like as opposed to the orgy they assumed I would want to be a part of?  I just nodded knowing I could easily make a break for it once we hit a club or bar and I am truly hoping it is not a swingers bar or club.  I grabbed my purse and followed her back out into the restaurant where she proceeded to sit on my dates lap and feed him his dinner.  WTF kind of twilight zone have I entered...and all of a sudden Evan isn't looking too crazy.  Even as I sat there and played with the food on my plate I felt like I was in an awful lucid dream.  The four of them interacted like it was a typical night out...look who's judging now...ugh.  I ordered a drink and decided to play nice and make some friends...I'm confident enough to be out of my comfort zone and still survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment