About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 6 October 2016

Therapy for Two II

She stood beside me looking down at what may as well have been a thousand stairs. We were both still asleep when Dan left for work this morning and he wouldn't dare wake her...she almost never sleeps through the night anymore. I couldn't carry her down the stairs and I knew she wouldn't be able to make the trip herself. I attempted to help her into a laundry basket but she was having none of it...I felt frustrated for her so when she started to pee from what I can only assume was a mix of anxiety and holding it for ten hours I wasn't even mad. After I sopped up her mess I just sat at the top of the first step and cried wondering, 'who I am actually doing this for anymore?' Am I really saving her life or an I protecting myself? She walked over and used her nose to nudge my face softly...because that's what dogs do, they care for you when you can barely care for yourself or them. I just love her so much, I have to know that I have done everything for her...I need her to know that I would never give up and take the easy road...we fight, we fight together. I placed my arm around her neck and she slowly fell onto my lap...she is such a problem solver...and together we slowly slid down the stairs with her on my lap and licking my tears...

No comments:

Post a Comment