About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Therapy for two IX

The wedding was beautiful...getting ready for the wedding was nothing short of awful. The bridesmaids and mother of the bride were taxied into the town for hair and makeup which in hindsight seemed crazy since the humidity ruined it in less than an hour. Mother of the bride and step mother of the bride are not exactly best friends, throw in father of the bride and the recipe for awkward beyond comfort was thick. I had the privilege of sitting next to her half sister who at 18 years old acted like an entitled brat that lacked social skills and tact. Thank goodness for her other sister who is funny, intelligent and did everything she could to make me feel like I was part of the family. Since Leanne and I roomed together in university I was not shocked by any of this...except for her one sister who I wanted to reprimand for her awful behaviour towards anyone she spoke to.

Two hours later and we were back at the hotel squeezing into our dresses and assisting the bride. Flat hair and running make up could not be stopped due to the heat so it was pretty much a rush from my air conditioned room to the alter with little standing around time. I was first up, which meant I stood in the sun the longest and by the time everyone was at the alter I could feel the sweat pour down my back, continue down my legs and into my heels. I can honestly say I have never been so uncomfortable in my life, nor have I ever experienced sweating like this before.

It was a quick ceremony followed by over an hour of pictures on the beach with no reprieve from the sun. The make up felt like it was melted to my face and I imagined I looked like a sad or creepy clown at this point and cringed at the thought of it being forever printed as a picture and put in a wedding book...one I would likely look through several times through out my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment