About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Therapy For Two

I wondered if my body would ever feel good again. It felt like I was in an awful car crash which, for some reason, was not enough to stop me from registering for the following year. The experience was incredible, like nothing I had ever felt before and I already wanted it again. It wasn't the runners high I craved, it was feeling of following through instead of finding excuses as to why I could not. I spent a lot of my days watching Django and hoping for her to walk a little longer or further; Dan and I even went and bought enough carpet runners to cover the tile and hardwood so she would always have traction. I noticed the other day that if her legs slid apart that she didn't have the strength to bring them back together and I didn't want her to have to struggle more than she already was. She seemed to do better on the days I was home with her and I wondered if it was because I was at a constant nurture state with her and on days I was out of the house she seemed to walk less if any in the evening. She couldn't climb the stairs anymore to my bedroom so Dan started to carry her again so she could be with us. In the beginning of her life with us I remember him carrying her up and down the stairs and here he was again, true to form, making sure she was safe and as comfortable as could be. My heart never takes a break aching for her and I can see the sadness in her eyes now and I pray and beg for her not to give up...I know we can do this...we have to...

No comments:

Post a Comment