About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 30 October 2016

Therapy for Two XV

I drove carefully trying to see the road through my tears while Dan held her on his lap in the back seat. Her moans are much louder and the pain is coming through...she moans and I sob. Dan and I don't talk, there is nothing to say or maybe nothing that we want to say. I would give anything for one day of health for her just one day to throw the ball or have her jump on my lap. I wonder if she knows and then I stop because I can barely breathe and I can see the tears roll down Dan's face in the rear view mirror. She loves him so much, whenever I would leave bed in the mornings she would jump up and onto my side and they would snuggle for another hour. He walked her, fed her, carried her up and down stairs, taught her to swim, took her fishing and was incredibly understanding and gentle at every moment she needed him to be. I pulled up to the front doors and bailed out of the car to be able to help Dan get her out as comfortably as possible. When we went through the main doors the three ladies who cared for Django stood in a line and embraced her immediately.

They brought us into a small but comfortable room that might have felt soothing if not for the reasons we were there. We laid her down on the floor that was piled high with blankets and laid on each side of her. Still not a word, the vet came in to groom her for her needle and I could feel the sickness rise in my throat and I feared I was going to be sick all over her. She placed the tube beside her and told us to take our time. Karen wasn't there yet and I couldn't just steal her time to say good bye. I buried my face in her neck and listened to her breathe in my ear...it won't be long but I think it feels like forever for her...so I apologize one more time...

No comments:

Post a Comment