About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Baby Steps III

Dinner was great and the conversation was even better.  He's a former hockey player that went back to school to pursue a degree in engineering.  He is building his empire through accumulating properties and turning them into residential condos.  We ordered wine after dinner and I very slowly sipped mine since I'm aware wine hates me and I'll be sleeping at the table in minutes if I don't chase every sip with a glass of water.  We exchanged on line dating experiences and I wasn't surprised at all that each woman went from wanting to casually date to finding a husband after meeting him.  He comes from a fairly traditional family and is waiting for the 'girl next door' to show up and sweep him off of his feet and I truly hope that happens for him.  We finished up and he helped me with my jacket.  He walked me to my car and I thanked him for dinner and a great evening.  I know I won't see him again because I won't have time but also because I don't want to take the time from him when I know now that he is looking for a wife.  He opened my door, hugged me and I flashed him a smile before getting in.  What a great guy and I can hardly believe he's single but no point in settling for 'close enough'.

I watched him in my rear view mirror walk down the street and turn the corner before I jumped back out and hurried to the pub on the other side of the street just down a few blocks.  I need to plan this stuff better in the future so I'm not sprinting in heels and dodging traffic.

I walked in and seen Evan sitting at the bar, I caught my breath and sat down beside him.

No comments:

Post a Comment