About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 8 October 2015

My New Routine VII

We were both exhausted by the time we finally got home and unpacked the car.  She way laying on the couch with her blanket and I was scouring the fridge for a beer, I was not successful.  I ran her a bath and grabbed her pyjamas.  Dan was at band practice and I was just about done with the day and needed a few hours to decompress.  I walked into the living room to find her fast asleep on the couch so I decided to cover her up and leave her there until Dan could move her.

After unpacking our clothes and starting the laundry I grabbed my computer.  I had about two weeks until I would be in Ottawa for a week, it was time to start looking for friends...but I have to be careful because I am guilty of being a slave to the online dating site.  I've become a pro at filling out these bullshit questionnaires and have a profile up and running in a matter of minutes.  I have no idea why they even make us do those, it's not like they separate us based on preference, income or religion.  Ottawa is all new people for me and I can't help but feel a little excited to see what I will stumble onto in this city.  I still shake my head when people outright state they are looking for a wife and I don't know if it's because they are looking for an online bride or because I am on a site where men are looking for wives and I already am one.  Ottawa is a mixed bag of surprises and it's difficult not to notice all of the profiles set up by couples and even same sex couples and dare I say...cop partners.  This is far beyond my scope of experience but the openness is intriguing and comfortable...still, it makes me giggle like a school girl.  Before I even had the chance to start and answer the messages flooding into my mailbox I closed my computer and slid it under the bed...this is far too interesting to get into tonight and I couldn't function after an all nighter.  I found Seinfeld and drifted off...

No comments:

Post a Comment