About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 13 October 2015

My New Routine X

A day of play, dinner, bath and a movie make her fade into dreams a little quicker than usual.  I quietly made my way out of her room picking up clothes along the way and left her door open just a little.  On the other side I let out a deep breath and cleaned my way down the stairs and into the kitchen...our whole house has become her playground and I have no idea how to even begin the process of trying to confine it.  I grabbed a Heineken, grapes and my computer before I made my way over the couch and found some mindless show to watch...I actually don't even enjoy TV anymore unless it's sports.  I crossed my legs and it made a perfect table for my computer, it was time to check the mailbox.

I spent the first hour deleting and blocking people, I have no interest in entertaining someone who still thinks it's funny to speak about a woman's 'place' in the world...it lit me on fire fast and I have to block otherwise I'll spend the night arguing with someone that doesn't even matter.  I have always been guilty of arguing my point to the bitter end and these days I just don't care to engage in it at all.  I finally brought 83 messages to 15 and none of them were exciting, but I had a few hours to kill before my bedtime so I decided to at least have a few conversations.  There was the guy who created his own memes and every time he posted one he felt the need to follow it up with an explanation which only proved he wasn't funny or intelligent.  Although goofy is not a trait I like in anyone over 15 years old he really was nice guy so there was no need to block him but I did cut down my responses.  There was the teacher who is going through an awful divorce and currently has a life full of drama, custody battles and being laid off...and that only took three messages to find out.  I really believe more than ever that I should start on line dating support groups.  What woman wants to get involved in that mess?  It sounds awful and draining, he needs to be in therapy or the unemployment line and not on here hoping to add more problems to his current ones.  I particular liked the one who defended his use of street drugs to help keep his mental health under control.   I didn't even know where to start with this guy knowing full well there is no way I will never meet him and have know interest in drug users.  Then there was the guy who was a doctor and wanted to get together downtown for a walk and dinner, which sounded perfect...except it would have to be later in the evening because his wife worked until 7pm.  His profile is a lie...but so is mine just not in the relationship department.  The worst part is that he was still the best option.  I closed my computer and made my way to bed...there's always tomorrow night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment