About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 23 October 2015

Baby Steps IV

Evan looked exactly like his pictures with a little grunge twist I wasn't especially fond of but it's only a drink and I would be home watching Netflix in an hour and a half.  I ordered a Heineken, shifted in my seat so I was facing him, smiled and introduced myself.  We chatted a little about his career and shared stories of our travel experiences.  He recently moved back in with his parents to save money for a house, I couldn't even imagine asking my mother to make room for me in her home at thirty six years old.  I felt a little bad for him for having to follow up my exceptional dinner date...but he would never know that.  I looked around the pub and immediately felt out of place, it looked like a university bar and I was exceeding the age limit.  Evan's a nice guy, he's just not someone I like to spend my time with so when he asked me to stand outside with him while he had a cigarette I accepted eagerly because once I was outside I could easily exit to my car.

The streets were flowing with people and he seemed to know many of the ones heading into the pub...probably because he spends so much of his time there.  He was finishing up and I thought he was going to ask me if I wanted another drink so I was nothing short of shocked when he looked over and asked, "wanna get a hotel?"  Was he joking?  I could tell by his face that he was serious and at this point I was done with this night.  "No Evan, I'm going to go home and you enjoy the rest of your night".  I didn't even look back and walked down the block to my car...I would much rather snuggle my brothers two dogs, eat gluten free cookies and watch Netflix.  Day one down and about a week to go in Ottawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment