About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 24 October 2015

Baby Steps V

5am came far too soon and I instantly hated my brother for walking his dogs so early in the morning. I threw my jacket on over my pyjamas, grabbed the leashes and made my way into the exceptionally cold morning.  I didn't even see another person on the street, no traffic or buses, it was almost creepy so I cut the walk from six blocks to four and hurried home.

I crawled back into bed wide awake and grabbed my computer.  I loved having a bunch of messages to read and it was still a great way to kill time at any time of the day.  I love how many people here are in open relationships, it makes me feel comfortable and less like a secret.  People here are completely open about their sexuality like it's natural to have more than one partner and I've become even more excited about the dating scene.  I have a few dates with men in open marriages and relationships and I am curious to see what they do in their relationships to make it successful...I wonder if there is any information I need for Dan and I to ensure success in our own relationship.  We have hit some speed bumps in the past year but we have definitely come a long way and are now very comfortable in our own marriage.  Dan read that it takes about a year to make the transformation and although I wish I would have initially done it differently I am so happy we came out the other side unscathed.  We really enjoy dating and meeting new people...I wonder if it will be easier dating other polyamorous people...

No comments:

Post a Comment