About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 7 October 2015

My New Routine VI

After waving to my son I went back to the house and packed up my things and said goodbye to the grandparents.  We sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as I buckled her into her car seat and made plans to stop for sandwiches on the way home.  It felt good to help my son follow his dream.  His father and I have never been able to play the politics in sports and we know that has hindered him greatly in terms of teams, positions and exposure.  Perhaps I was getting a little paranoid but I asked my ex to not talk about this opportunity to anyone involved in football back home.  I didn't want anyone tinkering with his fair shot and I didn't want him to feel the pressure before he even got on the plane.  I leave for Ottawa in a couple of weeks and would meet the assistant and find out as much information as possible to help him succeed.  Hard work was never an issue...fairness was.  At this point we just have to wait until he gets there.

I could hear her lightly singing her favourite songs in the back seat so I put in her CD and sang along in all the voices that make her giggle.  I'm very blessed to be a mother and I take the responsibility serious whether it's football mom or karaoke in the car.  I want my children to feel the energy of my presence in their lives and feel how much I love them.  Three hours to go and life is great...

No comments:

Post a Comment