About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 4 October 2015

My New Routine IV

I brought her to her grandparents house and unloaded the car, we would be staying with them for the week so I could watch the basketball games and she could have some time with them.  She really enjoys seeing them and it gives me a chance to actually watch my son play his games without chasing her around the field or gym.  I kissed her on the nose before her grandmother brought her into the playroom and ran off to catch the first game.

I found a seat with the moms I had met during football season and noticed his father up top, I gave a wave and a smile before I sat down.  This is the finale of all sports for my son in high school.  He was accepted at the University of Alberta but wouldn't be able to play on their football team even after being promised a try out...coaches have been his nightmare for years.  He started school early and although he is academically ready, he still wants to play football so we have to re-evaluate his options.  I've been a busy bee lately and have secured him a scout across the country, my son along with his father have no idea that he has a four day spring camp in a couple of months and I imagine my ex-husband will be far less excited than my son and I.  His father is very traditional and our son is his only child and has lived with him since birth; he had just come to terms that our son would be moving a province over to live with me so I wasn't sure how he would react knowing he may move to Quebec and live on campus for three years at seventeen years old.  It hurt knowing that once again my son would likely not be living with me and I could have just shut my mouth and never found the scout and he would have been moving in after graduation, but I couldn't do it.  My son has poured his heart and soul into that game and deserved to know if he was still in a position to move forward and play at the next level, I owed it to him to help him find out.  We have always connected over football and he has expressed his desire to keep going...so...we keep going.

I stood up and cheered as our team entered the court, there's a sadness when you can actually see a phase of your child's life come to an end...but there is also the pride of knowing that they made it through successfully.  I'll never get tired of watching him take the field and I hope he gets to do it for as long as he enjoys it.  It's tip off to the tournament, the tears can wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment