About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 11 October 2015

My New Routine VIIII

I had signed my daughter up for gymnastics about a month ago but I hated it after the first class.  The entire hour was spent chasing her around the equipment and trying to intercept her before she made it to the trampoline.  It was starting to look like a game of gladiator between parents and kids.  It felt more like a cardio class for me so when we pulled up to the studio I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself.  She ran full tilt into the gym and screamed with excitement, it's difficult not to laugh and just be the parent she needs right now.  She looks at me and raises her eyebrows and I can see a sly smile spread across her face, she was going to make a run for it...class is in session.

One hour, a few tears and my heart beating out of my chest after watching my fearless daughter jump off of everything and we were back in the car and heading for home.  I can see her in my rearview mirror and she looks almost as exhausted as me.  "Mama wanna go to the park?"  I don't, all I want to do is grab a coffee and put my feet up and silently pray that she will nap.  "Yep, wanna go to the blue or green park?"  She giggled, threw her arms in the air started singing to her baby.  Dan is out of town this week for work so I will have plenty of free time this evening to feed my addiction.  But for now, we're going to the park then having grilled cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment