About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 27 May 2015

New York State of Mind XXII

After dinner with my family I jumped in my car and headed to see Brenda.  One of my favourite things to do before any trip was visit my hairdresser.  Brenda has been doing my hair for around five years and she is simply an amazing woman.  I found her because I used to work with her sister and both of these women are incredible; they are the epitome of strong, beautiful, confident caring people.    Getting my hair done was another escape for me that I have come to enjoy.  Brenda is not your ordinary stylist by any means.  She built her own studio, renovates her own house, does all of her own landscaping, gardening and hard work.  This woman is anything but lazy, in between appointments she will mow her lawn and paint her bedroom, fix a leaky faucet or add tile to her ceiling...I get exhausted hearing about her days.  But Brenda is one of the kindest souls I have ever been blessed to know and have in my life, even if she is only present as my hair dresser.  I can get lost in her stories for hours and she can make me laugh, cry, think, imagine and look incredible.  She has made me realize how important she's become to my transformation because she is a standard that I would like to strive for, practice and become.  I have never heard her speak a negative word about anyone, not even those that try and take advantage or use the family card; I am in awe of this beautiful creature.  Her character tells me that she is truly happy in her life and the direction it is headed.  She has goals and dreams and is doing everything she needs to read them; nothing stands her way,it's like she has always known that if she walks in that direction it will bring her to her destination...how beautiful is that.  

I sat in my car for a few minutes outside of her home.  I trust her and I'm going to open up to her if for no other reason then I can speak my heart and have no judgement passed.  The more people I find like her the more I want to surround myself with them because it's a comfortable arena for me to just be...

No comments:

Post a Comment