About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Moving Forward III

I woke up in a mad race to get to the airport only to be delayed hours and miss both connections.  The one time I wake up late and run the race through security it is completely unnecessary...ugh.  I grabbed coffee and fruit and hung out with the ladies at the desk while they tried to find better connections.  I texted Tracy to let her know my arrival time would be much later and then called the hotel to make sure they would allow her access.  I can't wait to see her.  Tracy is a friend that accepts me and my life without conditions.  She never once makes me feel insecure or drops her jaw at the disbelief of my choices...nothing phases her and it's because she too lives her own life and is happy.  Our children played football together for years and we finally met last year at the tournament in Texas and we became instant best friends.  Tracy is another person along the way that became a part of my life and it reassures me that the real me is someone quality people like and I add her to the group in the company of the likes if Carl...whom she will be meeting as well.  I like being around people like her who allow me to feel comfortable in my own skin and doesn't possess a judgemental bone.  Tracy is a friend that makes me a better friend and I love her like a sister in such a short amount of time.  I'm so excited to show her my city and show her my other life.

The lady was able to find me a different flight so I ran down the corridor and found a seat...I already know my luggage won't be with me so I silently hope it gets to Toronto in time to clear customs.  After the past few months of crazy travel I would be a boss at The Amazing Race...I sent one last text to Tracy and sat back...my first layover is literally down the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment