About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 25 September 2015

Moving Forward XIII

I only woke with a slight hangover this morning but was better prepared with water this time.  We decided to just wonder the city and slowly pub crawl midtown.  We had already been out and picked up the last few things we wanted to get before we headed back home.  I felt a tinge of anxiety knowing she was flying out of LaGuardia and I was heading to JFK...I had never flown in or out of JFK until today.  We packed up our things and decided to get a car service rather than separate cabs so we could at least enjoy the ride together...as far as LaGuardia anyway.

The ride to the airport had become so familiar to me over the past few months and I never failed to look back and take one last look at my second home.  Looking over and seeing Tracy gave me a feeling of contentment and happiness.  I already know I will see her in a few weeks because I'm throwing her a surprise party and it's comforting to know that not all of my friends in my new life live across the continent.  "Well, did you love NY?"  I know she did but she lights up when she talks about her favourite parts and it makes me smile.  "You know Natalie you are one of the few people I know that I can travel with and have a good time".  I flashed her my biggest smile, she doesn't know it but that statement offers me a reassurance that my transformation has not only happened but is successful.  The freedom I have in NY to live openly allows me to shed all anxiety and fear...it doesn't belong here.

I got out of the car and hugged her at her stop, I knew we would text until she boarded her flight.  I jumped back in and it was still about twenty minutes to JFK.  Going home didn't bother me anymore, in fact I looked forward to it.  Now I was fully engaged in my home life and the time with my family was nothing but quality, I'm a better wife and mother...and I love my life.  I wonder what people will say...and then I remember...I don't care...

No comments:

Post a Comment