About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 22 September 2015

Moving Forward X

We skipped the museum for today, Carl had to catch the train to get back to Philly and Tracy and I were going to try and relax before the concert tonight.  The whole reason we were in NYC was because she has become a crazed Kongo's fan and I agreed to go if she went to the NY concert.  We have back stage passes along with tickets to a private concert and question session so I only have about thirty minutes until I need to look awake and ready to go.  Tracy was vibrating with excitement and I was downing Red Bull like it was the secret to life.

We grabbed a cab outside of our hotel to Irving Plaza and I knew it was unseasonably cold for the city since even I felt chilled and that doesn't typically happen to me in the city.  The building looked like it had been condemned and was completely locked down, hard to believe it as going to be filled with thousands of people in only a couple of hours.  Apparently Paul McCartney had a surprise concert here last night and it's just another thing that makes this city amazing.  We walked to the corner and had a bite to eat at Chipotle then stood in the doorway of the neighbouring bar until we finally seen some life in the building.  When they opened the doors I could see Tracy light up out of the corner of my eye and I decided to put the hangover on the back burner and join her.  

The building felt only slightly warmer than the streets and I was almost ready for a drink.  We toured the building and were given a ridiculous amount of free Kongo's stuff before twenty of us were squeezed into a tiny closet sized room which held the band.  It almost felt awkward and uncomfortable since I could literally extend my arm and touch any one of them and it became difficult to avoid weird eye contact with them when they sang so I politely stared down at the floor to stop myself from bursting into laughter from the awkwardness and ruining it for my friend.  

Ten minutes until the first band takes the stage and I can feel the pain in my head, queasiness in my stomach and I honestly thought about throwing all of the things they gave me into the garbage just so I didn't have to babysit it all night.  Oh well, I ordered two large rum and cokes and did my best to be upbeat and fun...I hated Carl for being able to go home and sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment