About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 21 September 2015

Moving Forward VIIII

We all woke far too early, but a day in bed in Manhattan is completely wasted.  Tracy climbed into the shower while I blogged and Carl tried to get comfortable on the cot.  Slowly but surely we all showered and made ourselves presentable for the day.  Nothing was going to happen today unless we started with breakfast and a lot of coffee and pop.  Carl was still clearly intoxicated when we found a diner and my hangover was not letting up anytime soon.  The plan was to go from Battery Park to the Museum of Natural History, the thought made me sick and I wouldn't dream of fighting Carl on cabs today.

After I finished my breakfast we cabbed it to Battery Park where is was far too foggy to get a good look at the Lady but if you squinted hard enough you could make out the silhouette.  I felt like turning on my phone and just googling a picture but data is not cheap here; there was no need to jump on the ferry because nothing would be visible.  Carl and I looked at each other and wanted to die, we have done this several times before but we know it would be a waste for Tracy to come all this way and not see all the big sites.  We walked over to the nearest Starbucks and grabbed more coffee and tea before we made our way to Harold Square for shopping and what I can only hope is a sidewalk viewing of the Empire State Building.

Macy's was a nightmare, but at this point everything was.  Carl and I sat side by side on chairs in the shoe department while Tracy wondered around, I leaned over and slowly drifted off beside my already asleep friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment