About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 26 September 2015

Moving Forward XIV

I arrived at JFK with two hours to spare, I made my way through security and found my gate.  I sat back and watched as the departures times slowly changed and flights started to cancel...wtf?  I walked up to the counter with the young man standing behind it to find out if I should wait or make my way to a hotel.  Apparently there were a few storms that stopped all the connections from leaving the Carolina's so we were all grounded until they could.  I immediately texted Tracy who notified me that she just found her seat on the plane.  I fought back the anxiety, after all it was not like I had never been in NY alone...but the feeling of being left behind was still familiar.  The young man attempted to put me on every flight that was leaving in the next half hour but there was no part of me that wanted to make six stops before I finally reached home, besides even I know I would be stranded somewhere because there was no way they could connect my luggage and I know I can't cross borders without it.  My options were wait and pray or make my way to LaGuardia and hope they have a flight...I'll wait.  I decided to grab a drink in the lounge and wait it out, nothing was going to happen for at least another three hours and the closest I could get right now was Cincinnati and that didn't temp me at all. 


Three Heineken and two hours later and I was standing at the same counter along side two Canadian pilots placing bets on if we were going to make it home tonight.  I watched the young mans face change to relief and he notified us that our plane had finally left Raleigh...he already adjusted all of my connections and I texted Dan to change my ETA...I can't wait to get home...but until then, I owed the pilots a round of drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment