About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 29 September 2015

My New Routine II

After breakfast I pulled out my computer to blog while she found her play doh and favourite stuffed animal.  This time she pushed her chair beside mine and handed me the rolling pin, so I slid the computer over and started making cookies.  I have nothing on the agenda for the rest of the day, or week for that matter.  I only work enough these days to finance my secret life so maybe I should be finding better ways to be with all of my family.  I used to go and visit my son without my daughter although that was mainly because I would do quick trips for football but now I could go and take her along.  After all I want my children to be close even when distance is always a factor.  As we rolled out the doh and chatted with one another I found that her vocabulary was getting much larger and she is changing so much every day.  I know I just got back from NY but I wanted to leave again, I miss my son and so does she.  He will be participating in Hoopla next week so I going to go and take her along...other than NY, I plan to take her everywhere with me.

We cleaned up the play doh and got dressed to head out for the day.  She liked running around the mall and I enjoyed showing her the world and letting her explore it.  I barely think what will happen tomorrow and I love living in the moment just as she does.  I think I forgot how to live for a while and got caught up in the anxieties of time past and days not here...she keeps me in the now and it's almost impossible not to fall in love with the now.  She's standing at the door looking like she got dressed in the dark in someone else's closet and I give her a nod, tell her she's beautiful and let her walk out with two different shoes because she just can't decide which set she wants to wear...I miss living.

No comments:

Post a Comment