About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 24 September 2015

Moving Forward XII

We arrived at the museum just as it was opening and was line up free.  I remember coming here with Dan and the kids a couple of years ago in the summer and the line up must have been over a thousand people deep and as much as Dan loves to learn even he was not about to stand in that line.  We walked into the main room and it was absolutely breathtaking and I couldn't help but just stand there and take it all in.  I was a a little sad by the realization that I have been coming to NY for a while now and had visited a few times before over the years and failed to see so much of what makes the city spectacular.  Carl had taken me to the Guggenheim and I had the exact same feeling.  I love museums and galleries and I really need to start making them a large part of my travels.  Even if the rooms were empty, this building is like nothing else and I could sit in here for hours.  I wondered what else I had been missing, I hadn't even seen Brooklyn and only stepped onto Staten Island, I had been to the Bronx in 2004 with Leann to watch a Yankee game and David gave me a quick tour of Queens.  I made a mental note that each visit I would tour a new area of the city and visit a building or museum...it's a shame I had not been doing it all along.

Almost three hours later and we were making our way through Central Park back into Midtown to grab a slice of cheese cake and lunch before we made our way back to the hotel.  We were trying to decide if we should see a Broadway play/musical or just head out for a late dinner and drinks...it would be a game time decision.  In the mean time we crawled back into bed to warm up and take a short nap before our last evening in the Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment