About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 14 September 2015

Moving Forward VI

We both woke with a touch of nausea but nothing Advil and a vat of water couldn't repair.  Vince met us late last night and hung for an hour or two.  He's a great guy, he doesn't know it but I have friend zoned him...I guess I'm just more interested in meeting people and making friends then I am in trying to find an affair.  He offered to drive us back to the hotel but I always prefer to walk, even when it's 3am and I have trouble walking.  

I was blogging when Tracy emerged from the shower and we decided to spend the morning walking the east side looking for food and doing some shopping.  Carl will be in late afternoon and the night is already reserved so I figured I would take her to main points of interest in between stores so she could cross them off the Nee York site seers list.  I've learned over my time here how to see the city fast and cheap, it doesn't work for people like Dan and my brother Trevor who have to read about the history of it all while they experience it but for the rest of us I can see most sites within the day and spend very little.  When I was first here in 2001 I waited in line for over an hour and paid $20 to take the boat across and climb the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty.  With the tragic events that followed that same year they took away the privilege of being able to do that and even now only offer a few of those tickets that are sold out well in advance of the date.  So when I have a friend that wants to see it, I take the free ferry to Staten Island which has no line up and gives a beautiful view of the Lady, the Brooklyn Bridge as well as the city and it's less than an hour round trip.  Luckily, Tracy is more like me when it comes to the sites so we grab our mittens take one last look in the mirror and head for the streets...tour guide Natalie is at your service...right after coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment