About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Moving Forward VII

Carl showed up just as the bellman was bringing in his cot, I'm not even going to try and pretend that it looked comfortable...I already felt bad for how he would feel in the morning.  First things first, we uncorked the wine and spent an hour catching up and bringing Tracy in on our city adventures.  We were heading to the Lower East Side for some amazing food and I have to be careful because I am not a power drinker, these two could drink me well under the table and are seasoned veterans...I on the other hand instantly get tired and hung over.  I'm not a fan of wine so I sipped it and slowly poured it into Carl's glass when he wasn't paying attention.  Once we polished off a bottle of wine I insisted we walk the couple of miles so Tracy could see the city by foot, Carl agrees but only because I promised to take a cab home after the show.

We ducked in at a restaurant known for amazing BBQ and they were not kidding.  I chased my food with two Heineken and forced Carl to drink the third one he ordered for me.  Great food, friends and drinks...it's the way I have always envisioned my NY life...my life is coming along nicely.  We had about an hour before the show so we walked over and found a bar, ordered a jug of Sangria and I am fully aware that wine is going to kick my ass this evening.  I filled the glasses while Tracy went to find rum and Carl was outside smoking....pace yourself Natalie...and stop drinking wine, wine doesn't like you...

No comments:

Post a Comment