About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Moving Forward XI

After the last encore I grabbed Tracy and dragged her into the street because we had to get a cab before thousands of others gave us competition.  One trick I learned was to walk the opposite way the crowd is moving to get a cab and I had become a ninja at it.  I had no issues standing in a traffic lane and waving down cabs and may have even stolen one once or twice...gotta be quick or you'll be left standing.  It was far too cold to go out and it was already after 1am so we went back to the room to watch a movie after stocking up on junk food.

It was so nice to crawl into bed and warm up.  I always feel guilty when I am not taking advantage of the city so I promised her that we could go to the Museum of Natural History tomorrow afternoon...I silently hoped she was not one of those people that has to see every square inch of the exhibits but I wouldn't rob her of it either.  

I grabbed my phone and texted Vince and Carl to thank them for the visit then I texted Mike from Long Island and cancelled my lunch plans with him...I'm not ready just yet to see him and I would rather spend the day with Tracy, I just love her.  The thought of marrying my NY life and Canada life would have scared me before but now that I have created a life in NY and am making new friends...it is exactly what I want.  Not everyone will come along and many will opt out all together of being a part of my life and it doesn't scare or bother me any longer...I am growing and changing and life feels good.  I drift off thinking about how perfectly Dan will fit into my NY life and I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment