About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 12 February 2015

Summer of Natalie XIII

We finally located all of our luggage and jumped in a cab only to sit in rush hour traffic for two hours.  With a friend on each side of me I knew I wouldn't be able to text John or Dan so I decided to make small talk and think about my options and wants. It was easy to get swept up in the excitement of it all but wasn't necessarily a good thing, I've acted hastily before and it didn't turn out well. I remember leaving my first husband in a whirlwind and once my feet touched the ground and my head was out of the clouds guilt hit me hard, and for a very long time. I didn't want to do that again, not to another man that loved me and treated me beautifully. I was older and wiser now. I had a better head on my shoulders, I was not going to let some cop turn my life upside down...I hoped.

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when I could hear Karen arguing with the cab driver about the cost of the fare.  It's her first time in NYC and had no idea how much the cab should be, she just assumes everyone is out to take advantage of her.  I decided to step in and rescue the poor cab driver who was now arguing over the amount of the tip she left him, I didn't feel like meeting New York's finest this early into my vacation.  Karen gave me the look of death for siding with the cabbie, there was no point in explaining anything to her at this time...I'll wait till I could throw some cheesecake and wine at her.  We checked into the hotel and threw our bags in the room, it was time to hit the Big Apple and I could hardly wait to lose myself in the city. Manhattan always felt like home to me, like I was born and living in the wrong place...location identity crisis?  I fell inlove with  the city years ago when Leann and I drove across the continent to see it, what can I say..the heart wants what the heart wants.

I no longer felt the desire to call Dan or text John, I turned my phone off and grabbed my purse.  I had a whole weekend of friends, food, drinks, shows, shopping and my love...Manhattan

No comments:

Post a Comment