About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 28 February 2015

Finding the Edge VII

I woke on Leann's couch with Mya snuggled in beside me, she's a great dog but I need to move her before I throw up all over her.  I can see the Advil and water on the coffee table but it may as well be in another country because I can't reach it and I'm too weak and scared to move.  I can hear Leann get out of bed and I hope she's in better shape then me, I'd call for her but even blinking hurts.  What the hell is wrong with me?  I'm not twenty anymore, I'm not even thirty.  Leann comes into the living room looking like death warmed over and it hurts to laugh but I just can't stop, "please hand me the water and pills".

Leann crawled in beside Mya and I and steals most of the blankets then cries in my ear that she drank too much; I wish I could stop laughing before it makes me throw up.  I'm starting to feel like one of those middle aged women that are bar stars and trying to reclaim their youth by going out and having a social life...I realize I just described myself perfectly...damn it!   I'm able to justify my actions as different because I don't go clubbing I just go to lounges; that may be the worst thought process ever but I'm hung over and my brain power is running on fumes.  I hope I'm not doing this into my forties but I'd still choose this over groundhog days and throwing up my anxieties as I wait for death.  It's almost 10am and I have to get on the road soon and start my drive home; no doubt it will be the longest drive of my life.  The last things I remember from last night was singing with the whole bar to a jukebox before we piled in Christian's truck and went to the McDonald's drive thru; I imagine eating gluten last night is contributing to my sick stomach today.  I rolled off the couch and attempted a shower...sitting down of course.

I was finally showered, fed, packed and ready to go for the week; I knew I would be back on Friday and somehow it made my time at home more tolerable.  Leann handed me a bottle of water and couldn't push me out the door fast enough so she could get back to bed.  I stopped for a coffee and gas before I hit the highway.  As I was leaving the city limits I could see that Christian had texted me, "drive safe" and I thanked him for a great night.    "Fuck!"  I can see the flashing lights in my rearview mirror and I wonder how long I've been in this medium speed chase; I start to add up the fines in my head as I pull my car over to the side of the road; I wonder if the cop will let me throw up in the ditch while they write up my tickets...

No comments:

Post a Comment