About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 30 August 2015

The New Character I Play in This World II

I was excited to get home and back into my family life.  It's funny that I don't have the desperate desire to escape anymore and instead look forward to hours of playing, shopping and being at home with everyone.  I have left the people that refused to understand my position and never looked back I don't want to create space for them or others like them.  I'm not angry so much as relieved that they don't exist in my other life and I only have to see them sporadically on this side.  Everyday I can feel me becoming more like the woman I want my children and husband to be proud of and look up to and it is happening before my eyes.  It's not always easy, sometimes the old insecure Natalie pops up and I can feel a twinge of guilt but I know that is an old habit and it doesn't belong to me.  I still don't want the traditional family home that bores me to tears and in fairness neither does Dan so we have been working on adjusting our lives to live the way we like.  Every now and then I can still feel a small void in my life and although I know what it is I just don't know where to start with it, but it's exciting and funny that Dan is doing everything possible to help me along the way.

I crawled into bed beside Dan and I am exactly where I am supposed to be and thank the universe everyday that it made him just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment