About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 8 August 2015

The Phoenix VIIII

It felt like I just closed my eyes when I heard someone knocking at the door, I had the feeling of sand in my eyes when I tied to open them.  I tried to read the clock but when I heard the British accent in the hall I knew Carl was right on time.  I stumbled to the door and broke up his conversation with the housekeeping staff, he has to be one the friendliest people I have ever known and it always makes me feel in awe of him.  Carl doesn't care where you came from or what you do now, he looks at you the same way he does everyone else and there is no judgement or opinion just a fair shot to make a good friend with him.  Every time we go out to eat or walk through a museum or shop through the busiest places his manners and kindness are in full form; and that is who he is, it's not for show or to impress, he is genuinely a gentleman and all around great guy.  He took one look at me, smiled and tried his best to not cringe at the site of me.  "Give me a few minutes to collect myself and freshen up".  He came in and made a tea while he waited.  I assured him that this would not be our room this evening and explained the previous evening.  Twenty minutes later I was handing our bags to the concierge and taking on the city with my hair piled on top of my head, fresh breath and my beautiful British friend by my side...first things first...let's eat.


We found a pub in Times Square and ordered a copious amount of fried food and orange juice, tea and coffee...like our own little buffet.  We played catch up which was quick since we talk daily but I always love hearing about his life and friends in Jersey and it allows me to openly be me, although these days I am doing it regardless of who is watching, but Carl has never known the previous Natalie and it makes me happy to know someone like him enjoys this Natalie.  But I don't think about that anymore...she is gone and long live the new me...moving on.  Carl made reservations at the Brazilian steak house for dinner while I tried to find tickets to Wicked...he was successful in his task and I was not.  We agreed we could easily see it another evening.  The food started to arrive and it was little embarrassing that it took three servers to carry our food; I tried not to scarf my food but I was so hungry breathing almost felt like an option at that point.


After what possibly looked like two ravenous lions cleaning a carcass we paid the tab and started our walk to Harold Square to shop for the afternoon.  Arm in arm down Broadway, exhausted, excited and just...happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment