About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 7 August 2015

The Phoenix VIII

I met Vince in my hotel lobby and and we walked down 7th to grab a drink and it's funny how Manhattan never shuts down.  The pub we chose was still half full so he parked ourselves at the bar and ordered a drink.  I haven't seen him since we first met in Queens and only texted a couple of times but I liked him, he was just a really nice guy.  I tried to forget that he always carries a gun and it seems so foreign to me and unnecessary, I have never even been harassed in the city let alone encounter a time I needed a cop.  I was exhausted as I started to come down off of my high of running for flights so we did a shot and watched the sports highlights of the week.

It was nearly 4am when I finally tapped out and had to say good night.  He walked me back to the lobby and caught a cab to Queens, I'll see him in a couple of days.  I went up to my room and tried not to unpack too many things because I want to easily move tomorrow.  I debated sleeping fully dressed but after I turned down the bed and fully inspected it I felt comfortable enough to take off my shoes...the socks stayed.  I have about five hours until Carl gets into town and since I only get him for the one night I want to be fresh as a daisy and ready to enjoy our time together.  I always get excited to see him, he's the perfect male friend and my favourite NYC date.  I attempted to turn on the television because I love falling asleep to it but alas the remote was lacking batteries...I have no idea how this is the same hotel I stayed at several times before.  It's like they put a run down motel inside a Hyatt, just a few more hours...besides...I'm in Manhattan...I wonder how long that will take to wear off.

No comments:

Post a Comment