About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Thursday 20 August 2015

The Phoenix XVIIII

I got back to my room around 6pm and flopped on my bed.  I spent four hours in Central Park drinking coffee, walking and people watching.  I walked over to 5th Avenue and dreamed of the penthouses and the views they must hold.  I walked to the top of the park touching Harlem and walked west to Columba University and found a nice spot to take in the area.  As beautiful as the Upper East Side is, my heart was stolen by the west.  In comparison one is almost sterile and posh while the other is filled with eclectic culture, beautiful brownstones, boutiques, bistros and everyday people; but truth be told, I love them both for their own unique beauty.  I stopped in at the Seinfeld cafe for a coffee; I already know the food is less than amazing and then very slowly made my way back to my hotel.  I grabbed another coffee at Starbucks when I finally reached Columbus Circle; I sat inside and enjoyed their free wifi for a while.

I looked around my room and realized that with all of the shopping Carl and I did that I would need to buy a carry on as well.  I figured I could go out tonight for dinner and maybe a little shopping in the square and find something to bring home all my new things.  I changed my clothes, freshened up and made my way back to the elevator.  I felt my phone vibrate in my purse, it was my friend David, a police officer from Jersey I met online.  "Hey Natalie, I'm in the city if you want to get a drink".  I wanted to spend the day alone, but he is already in the city and I would like to meet him..."sounds good, I'll meet you in the West Village in an hour".  I went back to my room and changed my shoes, I decided to walk down and enjoy the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment