About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 18 August 2015

The Phoenix XVII

As the last comedian took the stage I could feel my second hangover start to kick in and I knew my Advil was back in my room on the nightstand from the night before.  West Virginia was on the brink of being trashed and I almost thought I was dreaming or hallucinating when he looked over at Vince and offered to sell him marijuana.  This may be the best thing I have ever witnessed, other than the birth of my children of course.  For a minute I was able to ignore my brain pounding on my skull and barely felt my jaw hit the table.  My eyes must have looked enormous as I slowly looked from West Virginia to Vince who was now standing and looking furious.  I know he won't tell him he is a cop and the other guy doesn't know he just tried to sell drugs to an off duty detective and I hope I'm not dreaming because it's so funny I can't even believe I'm watching this.  Vince throws him a glare, "I don't do drugs".  Tears were rolling down my face as West Virginia tried to explain to the cop that marijuana isn't really a drug and that it's close enough to being legal and he should 'give it a try'.  It took a minute for it to register that he was trying to pressure Vince into getting high with him and I wished more than anything that Dan could be here to witness this with me.  West Virginia was too drunk for social cues so I politely leaned over and explained that he should leave otherwise he would need to explain to his family how he tied to sell drugs to an NYPD.  He sobered fairly quickly, apologized and grabbed his jacket; Vince was more than irritated and I couldn't stop laughing.

We walked outside and waved down a cab.  Vince wanted to go out for more drinks but I was done for the evening.  I hugged him and jumped in the cab alone, I'll see him tomorrow for a late lunch and right now I just want to crawl into my bed, eat my Advil and sleep forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment