About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 26 August 2015

The Phoenix XXII

I looked out the window this morning and it was cold and the streets were just starting to fill with people.  I wondered around my room and slowly picked things up and dropped them into my suitcase, it was time to go home and to be honest I was really looking forward to it.  I missed my family and already had flights and hotels booked to be back in six weeks with my friend Tracy.  David and Vince both texted to see if I wanted a ride to the airport but I declined, I have come to enjoy the taxi ride.  I took a minute to appreciate how different my life is now and the work I had put into ensuring that I too was different; it would be pointless to change the picture if you didn't also change the way you looked at it.  I feel confident in myself, like I could stand alone if I had to and that is the best feeling I have ever had in regards to my own evolution.  I'm sure of myself and the new belief system I am slowly building, every day I get to choose my life and each day I am exactly where I want to be.  There was a time when I wasn't always sure if my marriage would be able to withstand me shaking its foundation but now...now I have no worries.  I always knew in my heart that Dan and I were different, not from one another but from everyone else, and I always told him he was created just for me.  Our marriage has always been perfect, and today is no different...regardless of my NY life my heart and soul is wherever Dan is on any given day.  I grabbed my bags and made my way to the elevator, now I get just as excited to go home as I do when I come to NY.  I stepped off the elevator and handed my keys to the front desk while George took my suitcase and secured a taxi to LaGuardia...six weeks till I'm back in NY and I'm going to love every minute at home until I leave again...

No comments:

Post a Comment