About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 10 August 2015

The Phoenix X

After a few hours of shopping, drinks, people watching and more chocolate than two people should ever consume in such a short amount of time I was able to convince Carl to head back to the hotel for a nap.  My feet were tired, I was exhausted and the tourists were starting to get on my last nerve.  We walked back up 7th and stopped for take out cheese cake, because clearly we needed more sugar, then popped into Duane Reed for wine and cigarettes...we really know how to do up Manhattan.

My new keys were waiting for me at the front desk and the concierge had already delivered our bags.  We rode the elevator while I silently prayed that the third room would not look like a crime scene and I would be able to unpack and take off my shoes.  When I opened the door we walked into a kitchen, down the hall was a living room and I looked at Carl and we both had wide eyes.  We slowly walked into the main area expecting to be in someone else's room but all our luggage was there and it was a huge suite.  We walked over to the wall full of windows that overlooked Broadway, "I'm impressed love, your negotiation skills are top notch".  I was shocked and almost felt bad except the pillow top mattress and enormous television and the fact that I have a suite in Times Square completely made up for the night before.

I heard Carl turn on the television and open his wine, "you have about two hours till we leave for dinner".  I crawled into my bed and set my phone alarm while I drifted off listening to Carl laughing at reruns of Seinfeld...

No comments:

Post a Comment