About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 16 August 2015

The Phoenix XV

I started walking back to my hotel with some shopping bags and Carl had already texted me, he is so comforting to my soul.  Vince was taking me to dinner and a comedy show this evening so I decided to drop my things at my hotel and then walk through Central Park with a coffee; it was beautiful in the winter and I enjoyed getting lost and looking at the city from a distance.

When I walk up 7th past Times Square the city almost slides away and you can slowly see the transformation.  One day when I live here Dan and I will rarely go into the heart and instead enjoy the  parts many never venture to.  I often wonder what it would be like to be a New Yorker and if it is as incredible as I painted it in my thoughts.  I have learned through life that I prefer the anticipation and journey more so than the destination...NY is my one exception to that rule, well that and going to see my son.  It just feels right, like I belong here and it gives me the feeling of home, I hope it offers the same to Dan.

I found my favourite part of the park; its a walk way lined with benches and large trees.  I sat in the middle and crossed my legs on the bench while I drank in the skyline and watched people walk by arm in arm.  It has always been my dream to live in NY but recently it has evolved into a goal...I'm slowly building a life here and the realization fills me with an excitement that was starting to feel foreign.


No comments:

Post a Comment