About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 25 August 2015

The Phoenix XXI

It was around 10am when I looked at the clock and it sure felt like I slept longer than six hours but I felt great.  I started my morning routine by turning on the weather channel, making coffee and hopping into the shower.  I still needed to find a bag to bring all of my new purchases back and I think today I will go and see my old friend Lady Liberty.  I haven't been down that way in forever and sometimes I like to go and sit on the bench and stare at her.  I remember the first time I seen her and it was breathtaking and beautiful; I'd seen her so much on television but nothing can compare to the real thing.  I enjoyed hearing the stories of when people immigrated to America how she was the first thing they seen, the symbol of promise and freedom and how it must have felt for them when they seen her come into focus after days on a boat.  New York has so many incredible stories and people it's hard not to want to lose yourself in the rich history.

I put on my running gear; it's fifteen miles round trip to Battery Park and today is a beautiful day to walk and breathe in everything I have come to love of my second home.  It always amazed me when I heard New Yorkers say they had never been over to see her and many from upstate have never even laid eyes on her...I guess we all tend to take some little things for granted.  I'm just now learning that the little things are what what the bigger picture more beautiful; I am seeing that in my relationships and in my everyday life.  I stepped out of the elevator and into the full lobby of people trying to check out; George handed me an apple and opened the door...I love being a New Yorker...

No comments:

Post a Comment