About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Monday 31 August 2015

The New Character I play in This World III

I was awake but wasn't ready to open my eyes just yet.  I could hear Dan in the shower and the dogs pacing but I just wanted to lay here and bask in my laziness.  It didn't last long though, I could hear a soft sound in front of me and when I opened one eye my daughter was standing beside me sucking her thumb and holding her blanket, "mama up?"  I grabbed her and lifted her in beside me for some morning snuggles before breakfast.  This little girl has a huge personality and I get so excited every time she learns something new or shows a new side of herself.  I remember visiting my son every week and noticing the changes and growth, over time I trained myself to be excited for him rather than sorry for myself.  These days she talks non stop and although it can be exhausting it's amazing how much I learn about her and myself...I didn't know that I liked the colour green so much or that there are no rules to colouring.  Her imagination is incredible and I love watching her lay out her thoughts.  I thought of putting her into some classes because she likes to create but I would hate for them to control her creativity rather than let it run wild.  Dan thinks she is just like me, that used to scare me but now it excites me.  She won't have a 35 year learning curve and she won't have embarrassment and shame for being different and she won't care what others think because she will pave her way and not follow yours.  I have done the work to iron out my own kinks and fears around my false insecurities and I'll do everything I can to ensure she doesn't have that baggage and never puts herself in a cage.  The father's of my children have offered a stability and security I was never able to give; they gave them roots and a strong sense of home, and I...I will give my children wings to soar...

No comments:

Post a Comment