About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 5 August 2015

The Phoenix VI

I finally made it to Toronto and wished my new friend luck before I broke into a full sprint to grab my luggage and make my way through customs...already three hours behind from cancelations.  The system is a nightmare, I'm standing looking at an enormous board on the wall that looks like it was taken from Grand Central Station searching to see if my name pops up.  The idea is that when you see your name then they have your luggage and you can pass through customs and then security.  I started to panic because the wonderful ladies at the airport moved me flights at least three times and I am hardly convinced my luggage was ever on my flight and without it I can't go through customs because it has to fly with me.  Still, I'm heading to NY so I can't complain.  After twenty minutes I made my way to a counter and explained my situation and the nice gentleman kindly put down the sandwich he was stuffing into his face and stamped my boarding pass so I could go through.  I can hear them calling zones to board my flight and I must look like a drug addict in withdrawal as I impatiently wait to be called up.  I walked up and threw everything on the counter and waited for the agent to start his spiel of questions.  He asked me four different times where my home was, ugh.  I keep looking over to the security line and he actually says, "you wouldn't believe the amount of people that miss their plane while talking to me".  I just nodded and gave him my best fake smile hoping he wasn't too arrogant to notice it was actually me telling him off.  After leaving I jogged to the security line while I stripped down to my shoes and threw them on the conveyor belt...wondering if I would even have any luggage when I arrived in NY.  "Final call for flight 1121 leaving for LaGuardia".  I grabbed my shoes and purse and was in a full sprint down the corridor and just made the doors.  I found my seat and let out a deep sigh and leaned against the window...I made it.  And was not even a little surprised when the lady sat back down after letting me get to my seat spilled her entire Starbucks down my jeans and into my purse...fuck it, I'm still going to NY and now more than ever...I hope I have clothes when I finally get to my hotel around 1:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment