About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 2 June 2015

New York Stat of Mind XXV

The flight seemed quick but I could effortlessly lose time in my thoughts and knew there were times that I shifted to auto pilot for days trying to find my way back out.  CJ would be landing shortly and Trevor not far behind.  I felt nervous to see Mike again and wondered how long he would be in my life; I have this amazing super power where I can take something that makes me happy and turn it into something that causes me anxiety and stress until it no longer looks the same...like watching a flower bloom and die all in a few short days.

My phone pulled me out of my thoughts, "Hey Nat I just grabbed my luggage, where are you?"  Thank god CJ is here!  I would much rather get lost in his life and stories rather than mindlessly pick through mine.  I felt instantly relieved when I found him and likely hugged him a tad too tightly.  My brothers are amazing men and the three of us have become great friends over the years; the love, support and kindness they show me makes me feel safe and allows me to just live openly.  We grabbed some food and drinks and caught up on the kids, work and his dating life.  CJ can make my jaw hit the floor and make me laugh until I cry when he tells a story and I am so grateful that this is our tradition...I can't believe I invited Mike.

Trevor showed up about an hour later and when he turned the corner in a suit jacket and button down I knew he was in trouble because the three of us are relentless with teasing.  I instantly wished I didn't invite Mike, not to this anyway.  Oh well, only three hours till he touches down and makes his way downtown...I dropped my phone in my purse and tried to forget about him for the next few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment