About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Wednesday 10 June 2015

The Darkness III

The game was amazing and I can spend everyday with my brothers and never get sick or bored of them; they are truly great men that I am blessed to have in my corner.   I laugh the most with them and feel the least amount of sadness, the dark cannot penetrate their support and I'm dreading the good bye tomorrow.  I left them at the hotel and walked over to Mike's, he hasn't answered any of my texts and I was a bit concerned.

I knocked on the door a few times but he didn't answer.  I tried to text and call his cell phone and his hotel room...no answer.  I finally took the elevator to the lobby and retrieved a key from the lady because I was becoming a little concerned about him.  The lady agreed but only because she sent along the bellboy to make sure I wasn't robbing him.  I stood at the door and took a deep breathe, do I really want to know what is on the other side of that door?  Maybe he's with another woman, hurt, or worse...gone.  The poor bellboy has no idea of the nightmare of emotions he will witness if Mike is anything but sleeping.

The room was completely dark when we walked in and I heard Mike say, "hello?"  I turned and thanked the bellboy for coming along, he smiled and closed the door behind him.  I was so relieved that Mike was still here and a little more so that he was alone.  "Hey Mike, you didn't answer and I wanted to make sure you were good".  I expected him to flip on a light and ask me about the game...I did not expect him to flip out on me and become verbally aggressive.  I stood in the room paralyzed, confused and sick.  I don't know what gave me the right to have any expectations at all but anger never even entered my mind.  I can't even think of a reason he could be upset with me to the point of speaking to me in such a mean tone.  My eyes started to fill with tears and it wasn't because of sadness but because I knew that this was the end, or at least the beginning of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment