About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 23 June 2015

The Darkness XVI

I woke without feeling any different and it relaxed me, it meant that the medications were not strong enough to alter me immediately.  I didn't want to take anything that was going to change me whether for better or worse, I want to cross the bridge...I just need to do it with clarity.  I grabbed the computer and my phone and made my way to the kitchen to make coffee.  Dan looked so peaceful in bed and I imagine he feels relieved and relaxed knowing I am actually fighting now rather than just standing paralyzed with fear in my nightmare.  He is a beautiful man.

I took my second pill when I got to the kitchen, made a cup of coffee and opened my laptop.  I decided to do things that make me happy until my mind can catch up with my desires.  I booked my flight back to New York and found a hotel in Queens...there was no way I was staying with Mike.  I sent in a calendar of my availability for work, keeping in mind my son's football schedule and I signed back up on the dating site.  I missed on line dating and it was a great way to kill time and get lost in other people rather than my own head.  I have no idea how things will go for Mike and I so I decided to meet more people from NY and at least build a great friend base in my favourite city.  I feel that if I can just stay occupied until the medication starts to work then I don't have to worry about falling into the vacant state.  I can't imagine a worst feeling then nothingness; no excitement or motivation...just existing...and even that hurts.

I stood at the window and looked across the field, I remembered doing the exact thing during my first marriage after my son was born and wondered how I was going to be happy...sometimes you just have to make the choice and really buy into it.  But this time it will be my definition of happiness and not yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment