About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 26 July 2015

The Ashes IV

It was cold out and Mike was bundled up and holding two coffees when I arrived, he was adorable, sweet, kind and just an all around great guy.  I always light up when I see him and it's like we've always been friends.  I'm mindful of the time because my son has a big try out today and I want to be there to support him, besides I'm certain I can lose a lot of time with Mike so I'm careful to count the minutes.

We caught up on our lives, my trips to NY and his work and dating life.  I find it interesting that we almost never discuss our common denominator and other than the quick text letting me know John was hurt we have never spoken his name.  We walked around the pond arm in arm and just enjoyed the company; I felt content and happy.  I've been making so many new friends lately and find that the people I am attracting represent not only where I am but where I want to be.  Looking back at the times I was staring out my window living on autopilot made me sad and I could feel my stomach cringe, I won't ever go back there...this is living and I love it.  I wanted to ask him if he was called out last night for work but decided against it; if he did then that would explain why John never showed up and if he didn't then I'm not sure how I would feel  There was nothing good that was going to come out of that so I left well enough alone and lead him back to our cars.

I hugged him and thanked him for the coffee and walk, I really didn't know if I would see him again.  He hesitated before he jumped in his truck and turned around, "he's never going to give you what you want".  I could feel the tears burn my eyes, I know he is right...or at least he used to be.  "I know, and I thank the universe everyday".  He picked me up and squeezed me tightly which only made me giggle..."take care Irish and stay away from the cops...except me of course".  Of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment