About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Sunday 5 July 2015

The Dawn III

I woke to the sound of rain, I love listening to the rain.  It was mid morning so I crawled out of bed and straight into the shower.  Mike was going to take me to see some of the sites today, Long Island is home to some creepy places.  He was awake and ready to head out for breakfast when I made my way to the living room, I could see the anxiety moving through him and he could barely sit still.  I started to feel irritated but it subsided quickly over my joy of not joining his parade of anxiety.  I gathered my things and threw on my boots I needed to get him out of this place and into the open, I hoped it would make hem feel less caged.

He took me to a little place for breakfast and I couldn't get the coffee into me fast enough.  I looked out the window to avoid small talk but also because he looks ready to break.  The waiter dropped off our food and almost instantly Mike began to throw up his entire failed marriage all over the table.  I placed my fork on my plate and gave him my full attention.  The story was sad and just added to the list of people he loved that could never love him the same in return.  Mike's entire life seems to be looking for someone who can love him without question or hesitation; he roams through life desperately seeking someone who shares his vision of a family and dream.  I'm glad I could be here for him but other than that there is nothing I can do and once I realized that I am only a supporting cast member in his life my anxiety walked out the door...I can't save everyone.

I gulped my cold coffee while Mike paid the bill then ran to the jeep to escape the rain.  He's taking me on a tour of asylums and the Amityville house...that should do wonders for his anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment