About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Tuesday 7 July 2015

The Dawn V

I ordered a Heineken and a salad because it was the only thing on the menu gluten free.  At least with it being a Thursday night football game it would last for hours and give me something to do other than sit in my hotel and curse out Mike.  There was only myself and two other guys at the bar who said they move art for a living between Chicago and New York.  I was completely disinterested so I logged onto wifi to nurture my addiction.  I have a lunch date with Jeremy tomorrow then Carl is coming into the city for two days to hang out, I just have to get through this evening and move into the city in the morning.

I finished my dinner and walked to the nearest store for cigarettes.  I had never been to Queens and have no idea what the neighbourhoods are like but experience has taught me that unless I'm looking for trouble I almost never find it.  I barely noticed that the entire area across the street was a graveyard...I didn't even know they had those right in the city, maybe I just never noticed.  I lit a cigarette and felt high as I walked back to the bar to catch the rest of the game.  I think I just have to let things and people go and concentrate on myself...it feels good to be alone and in control of life.

I walked back into the pub and it was packed.  I found the last chair at the bar and ordered another beer.  The same two guys were still there, they just shot me a smile and shrugged their shoulders.  I looked around and must be the only female in the place except for the bartender and waitress.  When she brought me my drink I asked where the party came from, "it's a retirement party for a cop out of the 94th precinct in Brooklyn".  The entire pub is a police force...you have got to be kidding me...

No comments:

Post a Comment