About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Saturday 11 July 2015

The Dawn VIIII

I woke to the sound of my hotel phone ringing off the hook; I stumbled over my suitcase and shoes in the dark to find the little green blinking light.  Carl was in the lobby, they over booked the hotel so he was going to find a new one.  I told him to wait for me.  I turned around and located some shoes, a brush for my hair and threw myself together quickly.  I could feel the excitement rise in me, I have been waiting to meet Carl for a few weeks and if he is even close to how he is over the phone and in his pictures then I'll be happy.  I hate to use the word normal but for online dating it may apply and he is definitely the closest to normal I have seen.


I stepped out of the elevator and right into a handsome Englishman, I felt instantly relieved that he had arrived.  We sat in the lobby and I told him about my day and we laughed about my bazaar adventure.  Earlier in the evening before I passed out I sent him a text requesting he be as close to normal as possible even if he has to fake it; I finally filled him in as to why.  He took the train in from Philly to hang out for a couple days and tour the city with me; he is exactly who he claims to be.  It was fairly late so we walked into the hotel bar and grabbed a drink.  He is easily one of the nicest people I have ever met and a complete gentleman.  We continued to drink, chat and eat into the night and other than my husband he is becoming my favorite person to date. 


We walked outside to have a cigarette. I needed one after telling him about my day with Mike, then the party with the cops and finally my pub crawl with Jeremy.  I don't know if it was the Heineken or the fact that Carl was making me feel completely comfortable but I did something I would never ever dream of...I offered him the spare bed in my room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment