About Me

My photo
My new married life in a nutshell...Married and Single at the Same Time. How I opened my marriage and started living a single life in NYC one week a month. You can find my book here https://www.amazon.ca/dp/1701860201

Friday 10 July 2015

The Dawn VIII

I finally found the office right in the heart of Harold Square.  I texted to let him know I was out front and sat on a bench while I listened to some guy give a tour to a crowd of tourists.  It's a complete money grab but a quick way to learn as much as possible in a short visit...I imagine I could do these pretty soon for a couple bucks.  I got a message from Carl saying he would be a little later but ready to hit the town.  It's such a great day.

Jeremy was exactly the stereotypical rich kid from the Upper East Side and it almost felt theatrical.  We decided we would do a liquid lunch and he would show me some of the best pubs in town; now this is a tour I can appreciate.  The first one was enormous, I don't think I even seen the whole place but the beer was cold and people were fun so I took off my jacket and rolled my eyes at the spoiled brat puffing on his vaporizer.  Jeremy has no shame or filter and I am drinking it up, this guy is unbelievable and I friend zoned him without his knowledge.  He told me every story from role playing with couples to helping his friend organize all of his sex toys; at one point I laughed so hard I choked on my beer.  He told me about his friends ball gag collection and how some were metal, I had to wonder if sex with him came with a dental plan.  I'm not even in this guys league but the company is second to none and entertaining if nothing else.  We grabbed our coats and walked down the block to a pub where we were easily the youngest by thirty years so we did a shot and kept going.  With every drink his arrogance was starting to shine and we are reminiscent of 'Jack and Karen' from Will&Grace.  We are one drink away from jail or a street fight so I suggest a little bite to eat; he gave me a pouty look but agreed if I let him smoke inside...what a bitch.

Seven pubs and several drinks later I tapped out and walked him to the train station; I have no idea how he is going to take the train for an hour in his state.  I made sure he was safely on the a train and hoped it was the right one then I bought cigarettes and walked back to my hotel very slowly.  I have never had a date like Jeremy and I hope I have many more.  Carl was still a few hours away so I had a shower and crawled into bed to sleep off my first drunk of the day.  My phone lit up and it was Jeremy, I was scared he got kicked off the train and had to giggle, "Hey Nat anytime you come to town come by the office and we'll do lunch.  It was a great time".  It's nice when I can be who I really am and people like me.  I love who I am; I've lost a lot to be able to be her...and it was worth every person I waved good bye to or those that just felt the need to comfortably sneak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment